Hi, I’m Tim, and I’m here to make your life easier; here are some facts about me…
1. I was born in Canada but I never lived there.
Considering heading back soon.
2. I grew up in a few different countries.
My family used to travel a lot, we bounced from country to country until settling down in Taiwan, where I currently live.
3. I can speak some Spanish and Chinese.
I studied Chinese for about a year and half but I’m nowhere near fluent. But if a three year old Chinese child spoke to me, there’s a 50/50 chance that I’ll understand him.
4. I’m a huge fan of beaches and remote islands.
I like living in Asia because it’s easy to head out for adventures, visit remote islands with beautiful white sand beaches and crystal clear water.
5. Crowds make me feel claustrophobic.
I can’t stay in clubs or bars that are crowded for more than 5 minutes. Well, that’s not true, I’v been known to stay in clubs for a maximum of 10 minutes, but I like to stay away from the most crowded areas.
6. I’m afraid of heights.
I would like to skydive or bungee jump; haven’t yet – plan to.
7. I love to read and try to read at least two books a month.
The following are some of my favorites: Fight Club, How to Win Friends and Influence People, The Millionaire Fast-lane, Creativity Inc, The 4 Hour Work Week, and Think and Grow Rich.
8. I’m the youngest in my family and have four older brothers.
So I’m the weirdo.
9. I was home-schooled my entire life.
Because we traveled a lot and it made sense, at the time.
10. I’m an introvert.
I used to be incredibly shy when I was younger and even looking someone in the eye required a massive amount of courage.
11. I love animals.
I love all sorts of animals. We have a Yorkshire Terrier and she’s adorable.
12. I spent most of my life in Taiwan.
2 years in Philippines doing charity work and 7 years in Taiwan.
13. I’m a fitness enthusiast. Huge fan of lifting heavy weights.
Got sick of being that tall skinny dude and decided to bulk up. I’m quite happy with the progress that I’v made.
14. I work as a freelance writer.
Who would have known? I found out that it’s possible to get paid to slam my head into my keyboard back in 2008 and ever since I’v been doing my best to improve my skills and scale-up.